As professionals we all share a responsibility to continue to develop our skills and knowledge. This is particularly important when working with youths as child research, legislation and policies change over time.
Research shows that many teachers, as well as students, would welcome additional support in their working environment.
We facilitate healthy relationships between schools, staff and their students to achieve a better working environment for everyone.
We are now in a society where mental health is far more recognised among young adults, although there is always room for improvement on the level of support and understanding provided to teachers, social workers and other professionals working with young people. Our programmes are designed to give schools the tools they need to effectively manage young people in education.
- Teachers and support staff may feel stressed due to a busy workload and pace of life. As a result, they can begin to look at their jobs negatively. It’s possible that this can create frustration and anger and these emotions can cloud perspective and productivity.
- Staff and students can become endangered if they formulate preconceived opinions about other members within their environment and this can cause a potential breakdown in a relationship and any future communication. Positive relationships are a key ingredient in enhancing performance and the success of an organisation.
- Throughout the education system facilities have been improved and new buildings have been constructed. A lot of funding goes into new equipment and technology for staff and students to have the resources they need to thrive. However, extensive research has shown that if people do not have a healthy mindset, they are unlikely to make full use of those resources or maximise their potential.
“Practice makes progress, not perfect”
Working with YOU Life Guidance
We take a holistic approach to helping YOU tackle the challenges YOU face at work and in your personal life and help to correlate your wellbeing with practical short and long-term objectives. We provide 1-2-1 sessions as well as group sessions on:
- Self-development training
- Relationship building
- Setting and achieving goals
- Mental health and wellbeing