This policy explains how You Life Guidance collects, processes, stores and uses your personal information in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
The information on this page will be updated from time to time. In future you should you check for updates and ensure you agree with how we use your data.
What information do we collect?
● Email address
● Phone number
● Home address
● Any messages you might send via our website
● We may track your movement around our site using cookies
If you wish for your personal information to be permanently deleted from our records please email email@example.com.
What do we use it for?
● To respond to your enquiry
● To contact you via email (only when requested)
● We may send you marketing emails when you opt-in to such a service
● To improve our services
● To gain an analytical insight into how visitors use our website
● For website functionality
● To ensure our website is secure and protected from security risks
How do we store it?
● Any information you submit via a contact form will be stored within our website content management system which has a 2-step verification process and is only accessible by the owner of You Life Guidance
● Analytical information about the use of our website may be stored within Google Analytics
● If we send you an email your email address may be stored within our email client
● We store data on a secure password protected laptop that is only used by the company founder, Simon Glover. The password is changed once a month. Emails are also accessible via mobile phone which is also password protected.
How long do we retain information for?
We store data for 5 to 7 years, unless requested otherwise.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. They are used to store and receive information and identifiers on computers, phones and other electronic devices. They are widely used to recognise visitors and their preferences. Other similar technologies such as tracking pixels have the same functionalities as cookies. Some cookies are necessary for functionality reasons and others are placed for a specific purpose such as measuring website performance. You can learn more about cookies by visiting https://automattic.com/cookies/ and https://www.cookiebot.com/.
For a step by step guide on how to disable cookies visit https://cookies.insites.com/disable-cookies/
Links to other websites
Controlling the use of your personal data
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
You Life Guidance does not share or sell any of your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information, for example by subscribing to a newsletter, and no longer wish for us to do so please let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org.